Laurel Foenander describes herself as a contemporary realist painter who draws inspiration from the natural world, interweaving what she sees with how she feels in those creative moments.
A practising artist for more than 25 years, Foenander remains unconfined to any genre as she continues to explore and evolve images and ideas with passion and drive.
Many of the artist’s paintings are held in private collections both internationally and throughout Australia – in particular, her studies of Australian birdlife which today push on abstract boundaries.
Foenander has exhibited in numerous solo and group shows and has won more than 100 awards for her captivating paintings that range from detailed wildlife to pure abstraction.
- The Vitalis Skuja Award at Nowa Nowa Nudes
- Best in show Mirboo Nth. Art Show 2015/2018
- Best in show Tanjil Valley Art Show 2016/2017/2018
- Best in show Art Gippsland 2012/2016
- Best in show Walhalla Art Show 2014/2015
- Best in life selection Art Gippsland 2013
Finalist selections in National Awards.
- Bayside Acquisitive Art Prize 2019
- ARC Yinnar drawing prize 2012/2014/2016
- Destination Daintree Art Prize 2012
- The Norville Landscape Prize 2012
In 2019, her work “Survivor” was a finalist in the Bayside Acquisitive Art Prize. – she will be represented in Affordable Art Fair Melbourne at the Kerrie Warren Collective.