I have been a professional artist since 1995 and would describe myself primarily as a Contemporary Realist painter, working mainly in oils. The natural world is my eternal inspiration and my wildlife work has been well recognised and collected all over the world, particularly in the field of Australian bird painting.
I am inspired however by many other images and ideas, and am not confined to any one genre, so my work can range from detailed wildlife paintings to imposing Sea or Cloudscapes, Nudes, Surrealist Expressionism, or pure Abstraction, depending on where my colours lead me.
I have won numerous Art show prizes and exhibited successfully in many group and solo exhibitions. My paintings sell well and I feel fortunate to work in a job that essentially creates happiness and pleasure.
My recent successes, since selling a demanding business, and returning to a greater focus on my art include:
- The Vitalis Skuja Award at Nowa Nowa Nudes.
- 2nd. Best in show Art Gippsland 2012.
- Best in Life Section, Art Gippsland 2013.
- Finalist selections in National Awards:-
- Arc Yinnar drawing prize 2012.
- Destination Daintree Art Prize 2012.
- The Norvill Landscape Prize 2012.